Information About Donations
Kitty Kare relies exclusively on the generosity of like-minded animal lovers who believe that every cat has the right to a safe and loving permanent home. Because Kitty Kare is home based and has no overhead expenses, 100 percent of every donation goes directly towards supplies and veterinary care for the cats.
Any donation, no matter how small, will help us in covering the cost of care. Donating to Kitty Kare is a great way to help if you are unable to foster or adopt at this time and will give you the satisfaction of knowing that you helped to save the life of an animal which would have not otherwise had a second chance at life.
Gifts – If you wish to donate to our rescue in lieu of a gift to a friend or family member, please include their address with your donation. We will send a card/note to the friend or family member notifying them of your donation on their behalf.
Memorial Donations – If you wish to donate in memory of a beloved family member, friend or pet, the donation will be recognized on our website. We will send a card/note to the bereaved family recognizing the donation made in their loved one’s name. Photos can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to have them published on the site.
Donations can be mailed to:
c/o 745 N. James Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Or you can donate through PAYPAL
Income Tax receipts will be issued for donations over $10.00.
Wish List Donations – Contribute to our ‘Wish List” – food: canned and dry food specifically for kittens (Performatrin, Holistic Select (all ages), Chicken Soup for the Kitten’s Soul), new litter boxes, clumping unscented litter, toys, towels.
Call us to arrange drop off/pick up (623-6487, 577-0380, 474-3311, 768-7642). Please leave a note with your name and mailing address so we can thank you.
NOTE: City of Thunder Bay Animal Services will no longer accept donations on our behalf.
Your support makes all the difference. There are many ways you can give:
Want to start your own fundraising campaign but don’t have any ideas? You can try some of the following:
* Perform an activity (challenging run, swim) and get pledges towards your event (make a pledge yourself and have others match or beat your pledge)
* Donate a percentage of proceeds from garage sales, bake sales, art sales, dog walking, car washes
* Ask for a spay/neuter/set of shots for a cat (the equivalent monetary value) for special occasions (birthdays, etc.) in lieu of a gift
* Hold a “birthday” party for your pet and donate
* Ask local businesses or your workplace for support to display posters and donation containers
* Your time – by volunteering, fostering, adopting
* Sponsor a Kitty – your donation can be given to one or more of the animals in need (vet care, ie: spay/neuter, vaccinations)
Kitty Kare Charity Registration No. 84719 3315 RR0001